- In the event that video clip shows any living that is identifiable and/or recognizable personal statistics, authors have to demonstrate that consent happens to be acquired. in case a patient permission kind ended up being given to the related article, you don’t have to deliver this once more when it comes to movie.
- Please utilize the compression parameters that movie sites that are sharing. Frequently they are standard choices from your own editing pc computer pc software. a guide that is comprehensive available from the vimeo web site.
Videos are way too big to e-mail therefore will have to be uploaded to BMJ’s account regarding the Hightail internet site. Please are the journal’s name as well as your manuscript ID number within the message field – this will allow us to fit www.wedoyouressays.com/ your video clip to your paper. Your video clip has to be gotten by the right time which you return the modifications for the article evidence, at the extremely latest. Please be aware that in the event that you never precisely label your video clip or you miss out the deadline, this might cause delays in book of both your article together with movie.
All movie abstracts will likely to be examined for suitability by the editorial team and book isn’t assured. In certain full situations editors may request edits towards the video clip.
Movie abstracts are embedded in the research article on the internet and additionally posted individually from the journal’s YouTube channel. These are typically posted beneath the exact exact same copyright terms given that article.
Article processing costs
During distribution, writers can decide to possess their article published access that is open GBP 1950 (plus VAT for British and EU writers). Authors also can decide to publish their article in color for the print edition – rather than the standard choice of black and that is white GBP 250. There are not any distribution, page or online-only color figure costs.
To learn more about available access, funder conformity and institutional programmes please follow this link.
Tobacco Control adheres to BMJ’s Tier 3 information policy. We strongly encourage that data created by your quest that supports your article be manufactured available as quickly as possible, anywhere lawfully and ethically feasible. A Data must be contained by all research articles Availability Statement. For lots more information and FAQs, please see BMJ’s full Data Sharing Policy web page.
Tobacco Control mandates ORCID iDs for the submitting writer at the full time of article distribution; co-authors and reviewers are highly motivated to additionally connect their ScholarOne reports to ORCID. We highly genuinely believe that the increased use and integration of ORCID iDs is going to be good for the entire research community.
Please find additional information about ORCID and BMJ’s policy on our Author Hub .
Please review the under article kind requirements such as the needed article lengths, pictures, table restrictions and guide counts. Your message count excludes the name web page, abstract, tables, acknowledgements, contributions and recommendations. Manuscripts must be since succinct as you are able to.
For further support when coming up with your distribution please reference the resources available regarding the BMJ Author Hub. right Here there are informative data on writing and formatting your research until the review that is peer and marketing your paper. You may desire to make use of the language translation and editing solutions supplied by BMJ Author Services.
A free service to help you maximise your article’s reach if your article is accepted you can take advantage of BMJ’s partnership with Kudos.
Articles reporting research may be complete size or brief reports. Documents should generally be no more than 3500 terms in total, excluding tables, recommendations, abstract and ‘What this paper adds’. Exceptions may sometimes be manufactured to the, especially in the outcome of review articles, qualitative research and tobacco industry document research, however in basic shorter documents may well be more competitive for book. The editors will look at the merits associated with instance for extended documents for a case-by-case foundation, but documents more than 5000 terms will never be considered. Authors are highly motivated to see or watch the length that is recommended, as exorbitant size may disadvantage an otherwise appropriate paper offered the area restrictions regarding the log.
Writers will include a part entitled ‘What this paper adds’, which summarises the key communications from the study the following:
- What exactly is currently understood with this subject. In 2 or three solitary phrase bullet points please summarise their state of medical knowledge about this topic. Be clear and particular, perhaps maybe not obscure.
- Exactly exactly What crucial gaps in knowledge occur about this subject.
- Exactly just exactly What this scholarly study adds. In one single or two solitary phrase bullet points give a straightforward reply to the concern ‘ What do we currently understand because of this study that people failed to understand before?’. Be brief, succinct, particular, and accurate.
Term count: generally as much as 3500 terms
Tables/Illustrations: as much as 5
sources: no limitation, but be sure to use sources just as required
this short article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external
Brief reports are faster variations of initial articles, must not go beyond 1500 terms, and can even add one figure or table.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is external.
Letter research that is(original
Research letters meant for publication must be a optimum of 500 terms, 10 sources, and something dining table or figure. Those answering articles published into the log ought to be submitted as described below under communication.
Research letters must not replicate information offered into the text of a write-up. They need to have name, a methods that are brief, results and a conversation.
This short article kind is at the mercy of interior and external peer review.
Unique communications are documents that don’t report initial research information but which give a conversation, analysis, or summary of a subject that is particular. Generally speaking these ought to be 3500 terms or less, with smaller efforts advantaged in consideration of area restrictions.
This informative article kind is at the mercy of interior and peer review that is sometimes external.
Review articles provide overview of the literary works, often concerning a certain topic, nation, or region that is geographical. Review manuscripts, including meta-analyses, will include an abstract because of the after headings: objective, data sources, research selection, information removal, information synthesis, and conclusions authors review that is submitting and reports regarding the link between meta-analyses should prepare an abstract of no more than 250 terms underneath the after headings:
- Objective – The abstract must start having a statement that is precise of main goal associated with review. The main focus of the declaration must be led by if the review emphasises facets such as for instance cause, behaviour, intervention, populace, or prevention. it will add details about the specific population, intervention, publicity, and test or result that is being evaluated.
- Information sources – A succinct summary of information sources should really be offered, including anytime limitations. Prospective sources consist of specialists or research institutions mixed up in field, computerised databases and posted indexes, registries, abstract booklets, seminar procedures, sources identified from bibliographies of relevant articles and books, and businesses or manufacturers of tests or agents being evaluated. in cases where a bibliographic database is utilized, the actual indexing terms employed for article retrieval is stated, including any constraints (for instance, English language or individual topics).
- Study selection – The abstract should explain the requirements utilized to choose studies for step-by-step review from among studies recognized as strongly related this issue. Information on selection ought to include specific populations, interventions, results, or methodological designs. The strategy accustomed apply these criteria must be specified – for instance, blind review, opinion, numerous reviewers. The percentage of initially identified studies that came across selection requirements should really be stated.
- Data removal – tips utilized for abstracting data and data that are assessing and legitimacy (such as for example requirements for causal inference) ought to be described. The technique through which the principles had been used ought to be stated: for instance, separate removal by numerous observers.
- Data synthesis – The main link between the review, whether qualitative or quantitative, should always be stated. Practices utilized to acquire these outcomes must be outlined. Meta-analyses should state the outcomes that are major had been pooled you need to include odds ratios or impact sizes if feasible, sensitiveness analyses. Numerical outcomes ought to be followed by confidence periods, if relevant, and precise quantities of statistical importance. Evaluations of testing and diagnostic tests should address dilemmas of sensitiveness, specificity, likelihood ratios, receiver running characteristic curves, and predictive values. Assessments of prognosis will include summarisations of success characteristics and associated variables. Major identified sources of variation between studies must be stated, including variations in therapy protocols, co-interventions, confounders, result measures, follow through, and dropout prices.
- Conclusions – The conclusions and their applications must certanly be demonstrably stated, restricting generalisation to your domain associated with the review. The necessity for new studies are recommended.
Term count: by settlement, but generally speaking 5000 terms or less (excluding tables, numbers and recommendations)
this informative article kind is susceptible to interior and external peer review.